If you aren’t aware of Greg Hickman yet, he is leading the world in mobile marketing and produces helpful podcasts to help small to big businesses in the mobile arena. His site Mobile Mixed is full of advice and we definitely recommend you having a visit.
He provides some great insights and this one attached is no different. Enjoy learning about what to do and what not to do in Mobile App Marketing!
If you’re building a smartphone app it’s sometimes easy to hold off on creating an app marketing plan until the app is done.
With over 1 million apps in the Google Play marketplace and 900,000 apps in the iTunes Store, you’re going to have plenty of competition for your customers attention.
That means getting started early could be the difference between you getting in front of your customer and them finding a competing app first.
In today’s episode of The Mobile Mixed podcast I’m going to walk you through an info-graphic that a Mobile Mixed subscriber and listener sent to me. It’s a simple infographic that shares the 7 Do’s and Don’ts of App Marketing and highlights some tips that I couldn’t agree with more.
At the end of the episode I also share a story of a successful marketing tactic I used to help promote a series of apps for shopping centers that I worked with a few years back.
In this episode we specifically talk about:
- The importance of creating an app marketing plan
- When to start creating your app marketing plan
- 7 Do’s and Don’ts to follow
- 7 stages of your mobile app marketing plan
- Your app pricing strategy
Links mentioned in today’s episode:
- Alfred Winston’s business – Dot Com Infoway
- MM 047: How To Create Customer and Mobile Personas That Lead To Winning Tactics
- MM 068: Lessons From An Indie App Developer
- MM 025: How To Generate Loyal Mobile App Users With Craig Palli of Fiksu
- Mobile Marketing Tribe – A monthly membership mastermind and coaching group for Mobile Marketing
- Mobile Marketing Audit
The info-graphic we discussed in the episode:
Original article found here